Brought to you by Steelhead Food Co.
Cod flavour profiles can be described as mild, sweet, and delicate. Its meaty flesh is firm, moist, and flaky, making it perfect for various cooking methods. The flavour of cod is not too fishy, which is why it is a favourite among those not keen on the strong taste of seafood.
Check out this simple delicious recipe from: errenskitchen.com
- 4 cod fillets about 6oz each & 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter cut into half inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice to serve
- Pat cod fish dry with paper towel and season well with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and place fillets in the pan skinned side down. Gently press on each fillet a spatula for 5 seconds to ensure good contact with the pan. Cook the fillets without moving them, until the underside is golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Flip the cod and add the butter. cook a further 3-4 minutes, basting with the butter (the butter will brown). When the fish is fully cooked reaching an internal temperature of 145°F/62°C, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the butter in the pan and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the chopped parsley and lemon juice. Taste for seasoning and add salt as needed. Serve over the cod.